Matcha Green Tea Pudding
Matcha Green Tea Pudding Recipe
I love everything made with matcha, from a bowl of matcha green tea, matcha latte, desserts to baking. Matcha provides a distinct green tea flavour into almost anything you add it to. Like the recipe of today, Matcha Green Tea Pudding, is an ideal afternoon treat or a light dessert after a big meal!
It's very easy and only takes about 15 minutes to prepare this yummy matcha pudding. I've tried different portions of the ingredients to make sure the matcha pudding is wobbly as you see! Let's start!
- 1 1/2 tsp matcha green tea powder
- 200g milk of your choice (we use lite milk here)
- 20g confectioner's sugar (Confectioner's sugar is not as sweet as normal sugar)
- 5g gelatin powder
- 20g room-temperature water
- topping: seasonal fruit, cooked Japanese red beans, etc. (optional)
- Pour the water in a small bowl, soak gelatin powder in it and slowly mix it.
- Add milk in a saucepan and heat it on low heat.
- Once the milk has warmed, sift matcha green tea powder and confectioner's sugar into it. (It helps to remove any clumps that may have formed.)
- Gently stir the ingredients well.
- Add in the soaked gelatin, mix it until it dissolved. Turn the heat off.
- Pour the matcha green tea mixture into glasses or moulds, and let cool.
- Place the matcha pudding in the refrigerator for a few hours until it has set.
- If you'd like to serve your matcha pudding on a plate like us, you can sit your glass in some hot water (not too hot, so the glass doesn't crack) for 30 seconds. Put your plate on the top of your glass, quickly flip it over. Tap the bottom of the glass if it doesn't come out. And you will see a pretty double layer green pudding.
- Put some sliced fruit or cooked red beans on top if you like.
Premium Culinary MatchaVIEW IN OUR STORE
Organic Premium Culinary MatchaVIEW IN OUR STORE
Remember to sign up to our Matcha Mail to receive 10% OFF your first order and we will keep you up to date with Matcha related information, recipes promotions and more.