Matcha Cream Cheese Muffin
Have you ever thought about having Matcha Muffins for breakfast? As mentioned in our Matcha Health Benefits article, match contains a special amino acid called L-theanine. L-theanine works in synergy with the caffeine in matcha, resulting in a gentle, long lasting energy boost! This makes these matcha muffins ideal for having with your breakfast, or a morning tea snack.
- 1 tbsp (≈ 5g) matcha green tea powder
- 100g cream cheese
- 30g unsalted butter
- 30g confectioners sugar (we have gone light on the sugar as we prefer it a bit less sweet)
- 70g wholemeal flour (you can also use all-purpose flour)
- 4g baking powder
- 1 big egg or 2 small ones
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Put cream cheese and butter in a mixing bowl.
- Use a hand/stand mixer at low speed to blend butter and cream cheese until creamy.
- Sift sugar, salt, flour, baking powder and matcha powder in the bowl, beat it at low speed until mixed and even. Use a dough spatula to scrape any mixture that may have stuck to the sides of the bowl.
- Beat the egg(s) in a small bowl. Add it to the flour mixture slowly at a low speed until no clumps.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the outside just gets brown (You can insert a toothpick in the muffins to see if it comes out clean)
- Cool down for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with icing sugar or matcha powder, if you like.
Alright, time to have a couple muffins and a cup of matcha!
Organic Premium Culinary MatchaVIEW IN OUR STORE
Remember to sign up to our Matcha Mail to receive 10% OFF your first order and we will keep you up to date with Matcha related information, recipes promotions and more.