Cream Cheese Foam Matcha Tea
Have you tried cheese foam ice tea? It is getting more and more popular and you can see many cheese tea shops shooting up everywhere these days. You may ask why it's so popular. I have to say, smooth salty cream cheese and iced green tea really work PERFECTLY together. It could be a good choice in a hot summer day if you want to treat yourself a bit. And here, I'm going to show you how to make low-cal version of it at home!
Cream Cheese Foam (For approximately 6 serves)
- 60g cream cheese
- 75g milk
- 200g heavy cream
- 3g sea salt or 2g rock salt
- 5g sugar (optional)
Ice Matcha Green Tea/Ice Matcha Latte (For 1 serve)
- 1tsp matcha green tea powder
- 100ml hot water
- 100ml water or milk of your choice
- 5g sugar or 1 tsp honey (optional, sweetness of your choice)
- 6-8 ice cubes
Cream Cheese Foam
- Add cream cheese and milk in a medium mixing bowl
- Use a hand/stand mixer at high speed until smooth without lumps.
- Pour half whipping cream, sugar and salt in the mixing bowl and whisk until well mixed.
- Add the rest of the whipping cream and beat the mixture at high until thick and fluffy, but still runny.
- Seal it and keep it in the fridge for an hour.
Ice Matcha Green Tea
- Sift 1-2 scoops of matcha powder in a bowl.
- Add hot water to it and mix it until no clumps.
- Pour it in a blender, add ice cubes, milk/water, sugar/honey in it, blend it until smooth, tip it in a glass until 3/4 full.
- Get the whipped cream mixture from the fridge, spoon it on top of iced matcha green tea.
- Sprinkle some matcha powder on the top.
And your homemade cheese foam matcha tea is Done ! Please remember, when you drink it, don't mix it immediately. Have a sip of the cheese foam first, try your matcha green tea, then mix it if you like! Hope you enjoy it!