A bamboo matcha scoop (known as a Chashaku) has a simple yet functional design, making it easy to reach into your matcha container, to scoop out the ideal amount of matcha powder.
It is one of the key utensils used in traditional Japanese tea ceremonies and no matcha tea set is complete without it.
Our Bamboo Scoop is handcrafted from a single piece of high quality Golden Bamboo.
- Size: 1cm (diameter) x 18cm (length)
- Weight: 6g
- Material: Golden bamboo
How to use
Use the bamboo scoop to move your matcha powder from the container to your matcha bowl. If you are sifting your matcha, (recommended) use the bamboo spoon to gently push the matcha powder through the mesh of a sifter.
- 1 scoop = 1g (or half a teaspoon).
- Use 1-2 scoops (depending on your tastes) for the most common thin Matcha tea (Usucha).
- Use 3-4 scoops for thick Matcha tea (Koicha).
The bamboo scoop can grow mold if not looked after properly. Follow these simple steps, to ensure you get the maximum life out of your bamboo scoop.
- After using the scoop, rinse it immediately and make sure there is no matcha powder remaining on it. Do not use soapy water to wash your bamboo scoop.
- Dry your bamboo scoop properly before storing it away to prevent mold from growing.